The 26th Galesburg Heritage Days
Welcome to our 2021 Rendezvous Encampment!
Booshway is Dave Bernhart. Head Dog Soldier is Jim Martinson. Please go to *New* front gate entrance for
information, lost and found, or general first aid. Jim Martinson and all dog soldiers will have armbands on
if you need assistance. We will enter each registered camp in our (2) $25 camp drawings. Camp meetings
are 7 pm Friday, and 6:30 pm Saturday. Must be present to win. Trader’s bucks will be given as competition
prizes. Each paper buck is worth $5. They must be spent before 1 pm on Sunday. Traders will accept these
as cash for purchases and keep them until Lisa comes around on Sunday after 2 pm to exchange them for cash.
Firewood and water are provided. Ice for sale, $3 for 7 lb. bag or 2/$5, $7 for 20 lbs. Rendezvous quilt &
smoker tickets are $1 each, 10/$5, or 30/$10. We will also have silent auction items, donations are welcome.
Main entrance gate open 8 am to 8:30 pm Wednesday through Friday. Get ice, tickets, t-shirts, etc., before 8:30.
1. Please check with Booshway prior to setting up if you require a quiet area. We do not enforce a set quiet
time, this is a rendezvous. However, (Please and Thank You!) be courteous to your neighbors.
2. Trade goods are up to the discretion of our commissioner, Hawk VanLew. Pre-1840’s rules, please
comply. Trade guidelines are printed on the back of this form. Trader meeting Thursday 7pm Shelter #2.
3. All tent stakes must be 10-feet off sidewalk. No camping in roadways. Power lines are marked in red. Camps
with emergency personnel are marked with First Aid flags. Go to these if help is needed away from front gate.
4. Parking pass goes on car dash. No parking on cement. If raining, no driving in/out until rain has quit 15 min.
5. Parking up front is for public handicapped people only. After setup, please park in re-enactor parking
lot by the baseball field. Signs are posted. Vehicles are not allowed in camp overnight without booshway
permission. After setup, no repeated driving in and out gate entrances. Roadways from N. Lake Storey Rd. to
camp & road from the pavilion to camp will be barricaded from 10pm to 6am.You may still drive in/out
baseball field parking lot & walk to camp. Setup allowed on Saturday morning at 6 am, vehicle out by 7am. Golf
carts are for taking folks from the front gate to the parking lot & back. Carts not allowed in camp, unless emergency.
6. Please keep all camps authentic, all modern things must be kept out of sight or covered. Period correct
dress required after setup until Sunday teardown. No flip-flops. Cell phones are to be used in tents only.
7. Alcohol is prohibited in our city park. Camp closed to public visitors at 8:30 pm.
8. Must be registered to compete. 16 and over compete as adults. Prizes awarded at Sat. night camp meeting.
9. All animals must be kept on leashes 10-feet or less. You are responsible for your pets. This includes
cleaning up after them and also their behavior. Thank you for your cooperation!
10. Modern swimwear must be worn to swim at the beach. Open Saturday - Sunday 11 am – 6 pm. PLEASE
Read: NO LIFEGUARDS on duty starting 2016. Swim at own risk and only during swimming hours.
Please change back to rendezvous attire before you return to camp. Showers will be open every day 7am-10pm.
11. Safety and conduct of young people is the responsibility of parents/guardians. All young people under 18
must be back and stay in rendezvous camp at 11 p.m. on Friday night and after the dance on Saturday night.
12. Fires must be in a pit and attended at all times. Please fill and level your fire pit when you leave. Please
return unused firewood to the front gate. Thank you for your cooperation!
13. Tear down after 4:00 p.m. on Sunday. Early outs 6-8 a.m. if necessary. Please drive in SLOWLY.
See you next year, August 19-21, 2022! Early Setup starts Wednesday, August 17th.